Barcelona SAE’s 4-12 Week Customized Internships are a great way to get valuable international work experience, boost your resumé, and build your professional network on a global scale! Placements are available for a variety of fields in both English and Spanish, for durations of 4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 weeks…or more!
Today, more and more employers are looking for international experience from their prospective employees. If you’re looking to gain an edge that’ll make you a top candidate in a future job search, you should embark on a Customized Internship in Barcelona! Improve your professional portfolio, boost your resumé, increase your professional network internationally, learn about Spanish and Catalan business culture, and improve your cross-cultural communication skills…all reasons why interning through Barcelona SAE is one of the absolute BEST investments that you can make for your future!
You will come away with a Certificate of Completion, a recommendation letter for a job well done, international experience, international professional contacts, and some Spanish under your belt. Barcelona SAE internships are offered year-round (excluding some dates in August and December). Customized internships start at 6 weeks in length and can stretch to 12 weeks (or more)!
All Barcelona SAE internships do not offer academic credit by default, however, we are happy to offer three different ways to receive credit for students who are interested in that option! Please visit our website for more details.
- Minimum G.P.A. Requirement: 2.5
- Class Requirement: Freshman-Senior Standing
- Language Requirement: Although helpful, no previous Spanish language knowledge is required.
WHY INTERN IN BARCELONA?
Barcelona is an innovative and professionally thriving city, which makes it an incredible place to intern. The city allows for professional growth and international exposure to the business world. Despite economic struggles in the rest of Spain, Barcelona continues to flourish, internationalize and succeed, making it the ideal city to develop your professional goals and gain work experience.
Students will spend approximately 20 hours per week at their internship placement, although the specific schedule for each intern will vary slightly according to the needs of their company.
Interns generally arrive on a Monday and have orientation during their first week to help prepare for the cultural, professional, and logistical differences in Barcelona. Within a few days of arrival, interns will meet their supervisors, accompanied by a Barcelona SAE staff member, to discuss job responsibilities, expectations and set goals.
Barcelona SAE offers customizable placements in the following fields:
Don’t see your major listed? Don’t worry! Since our internships are 100% customized, just contact an advisor today and we’ll help you find the placement that’s right for you!
- Culinary Arts
- Event Planning
- Government & Politics
- Graphic Design
- Health & Fitness
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Public Relations
- …and MORE!
All Barcelona SAE Customized Internships Include:
Countdown to Barcelona:
- Professional Skype Interview
- Cover Letter & Resume Coaching
- Personalized Advising
- One Year Digital Subscription to the New York Times
While in Barcelona:
- Customized Internship Placement
- Airport Pick-Up (Must Arrive BEFORE 12pm on Program Start Date)
- Logistical & Cultural Orientations
- Staff Escort to First Day of Internship
- Intensive Spanish Language Courses
- Housing for the Duration of Program (Homestays include Breakfast/Dinner!)
- Comprehensive Medical & Accident Insurance
- 24-Hour Emergency Support
- English-Speaking Staff
Professional, Cultural, & Social Activities:
- The Barcelona SAE Bucket List
- Day Trip(s) to Discover Catalonia (Girona, Montserrat, Figures, Besalú, etc.)
- Weekly Cultural Agenda (The Local Perspective of What’s Happening Each Week!)
- Weekly Cultural Activities (Cooking Classes, Dance Lessons, Barrio Tours, and MORE!)
- Monthly Professional Agenda
- Working Across Cultures Workshop (Summer Interns)
- Cultural Mentor Program
- Welcome Activity
- Re-Entry Workshop & Farewell Meal
A weekend excursion(s) outside of Barcelona is available at an additional cost.
For Continued Success After the Program:
- Alumni & Career Services
- Invitation to Barcelona SAE’s LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Opportunity to Apply for Barcelona SAE’s “Best of the Best” Internship Program
- Opportunity to Apply to be a “Barcelona SAE Campus Ambassador Intern” on Your Home Campus
- Invitations to Study Abroad & Internship Returnee Conferences Throughout the U.S.
…and SO MUCH MORE!
The Program Does Not Include:
- Round-Trip Airfare to/from Barcelona
- Visa Costs (If Applicable)
- Mobile Phones & Charges
- Local Transportation
- Personal Items
So…what are you waiting for? APPLY TODAY and get ready to embark on the Barcelona experience of a lifetime!
To calculate an estimate of the total cost of your program, use the Cost Estimate Template
and do the following:
1. Go to the Barcelona SAE website https://www.barcelonasae.com/
, click on Programs on the upper left and navigate to the term and then program.
2. On the right-hand side, click Dates and Costs. This is the cost of your tuition and housing. If Homestay is chosen for housing, the fee includes breakfast and dinner.
3. In addition to this program fee, add the following costs to arrive at your total cost
- Meals – apartments do not include any meals. Homestays do not include lunch.
- Application fee - $65
- Study Abroad Administrative fee - $460
- WSU Laptop fee (semester students only) - $485
- International Airfare (check studentuniverse.com, expedia.com or other search engines).
- Passport ($140) and Visa, (if required, cost varies per country)
- Personal/ miscellaneous expenses for travel, additional meals, souvenirs, etc.
If you would like further assistance in calculating the cost of your program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org