The Winona State University Study Abroad office accepts requests for faculty-led program exploratory funding on an annual basis.
Amount of funding:
The maximum award is $2,000 for international travel or $1,000 for domestic travel. Typically 1-3 exploratory awards can be funded in a given academic year, depending on the current University budget situation. Reimbursement up to the amount awarded is contingent on the completion of the post- trip report within two weeks of return. The deadline to spend the funds is included in the award decision.
The Travel Study Advisory Committee (TSAC) reviews all proposals and makes recommendations to Susan Pham, Director of Study Abroad, and Dr. Ted Reilly, Associate Provost, who makes final decisions about approval and funding amounts.
Selection of recipients:
Priority consideration is given to exploratory proposals that:
- Are submitted by faculty who have not previously received exploratory program development funds.
- Seek to develop meaningful partnerships within the destination region.
- Have high potential to lead to a faculty-led course.
Faculty who are unable to take the proposed trip may reapply, although funding is not guaranteed.
For Academic Year 2020-2021,
exploratory applications will be accepted until November 1, 2020. One exploratory trip will be funded with priority given to:
- faculty submitting exploratory applications to new international destinations for a future faculty-led course,
- faculty who have never led faculty-led programs before, and/or
- faculty who are seeking to target a specialized population in their faculty-led program audience.
The recipient must spend the funds by June 30, 2022.
Please contact Kathy Jicinsky, Assistant Director of Study Abroad for Faculty-led Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.