Walk in the footsteps of the continent’s finest and most groundbreaking authors and poets and make traveling a literary adventure.
Experience Europe through a literary lens and discover the importance of place in literature by visiting the venues and hideouts of Nordic contemporary writers.
IS THIS PROGRAM FOR YOU?
It’s a good fit if you study:
Sense of Place in European Literature, A
Fall/Spring, 3 Credits
- Creative Writing
Literature opens up for known and unknown places, real and imaginary. In this course, discover comparative perspectives on European literature through in-depth analysis and close readings of texts written by modern and classic writers. On our short Study Tour, we seek out the literary voices of Copenhagen and the island of Fanø in the North Sea. On the week-long Study Tour to Berlin, we read literature on-site, originally written in and about this important metropolis, to explore how the city influences our reading, and vice versa.
Week-Long Study Tour: Berlin
Visit our website for a full list of additional elective courses!
Core Course Week: Denmark
To calculate an estimate of the total cost of your program, use the Cost Estimate Template.xlsx
and do the following:
1. Go to the DIS website, https://disabroad.org/copenhagen/semester/programs/
, and scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Tuition and Fees under the DIS column.
2. Click on the appropriate year and term of your program. The cost listed under the Total column is the cost of your tuition and housing.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and add the expenses listed under Estimated Additional Expenses.
4. In addition to these fees, add the following costs to arrive at your total cost
- Application fee - $65
- Study Abroad Administrative fee - $460
- WSU Laptop fee (semester students only) - $485
- Passport ($140)
If you would like further assistance in calculating the cost of your program, please email email@example.com