Study Abroad Semester in Thailand with TEAN
- Take courses through the Institute of Southeast Asia Affairs, based at the top university in Chiang Mai, where you'll be surrounded by local students and benefit from mixing with the country's academic elite and future leaders
- Live in Chiang Mai, a city that blends a modernizing country with traditional Thai culture, and gain an understanding of Thailand's past, present and future
- Feel the course content come to life with field trips planned throughout the program, including a multi-day excursion to the Golden Triangle
- Participate in TEAN's comprehensive Orientation Excursion Program upon arrival, including a day with Southeast Asia's majestic elephants, cultural activities and informative sessions designed to help you feel adjusted and ready to jump into your semester in Southeast Asia
- Experience how the majority of Thai people live with a five-day homestay experience in a rural village
- Appreciate access to TEAN's Chiang Mai Resident Director and other in-country staff for continued support throughout the semester
- Select from two housing options – a modern student dorm complex or for more independent living, a new condo complex, both a five-minute walk from campus and each other
- Spend an optional weekend in the tropical south soaking up the sun, boating and experiencing the exotic Thai islands everyone raves about
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Chiang Mai is great for those who want:
- to go somewhere more off the beaten path with a culture that blends ancient traditions and modern living
- a small town feel but always something to do – hike up to a forest temple, study in cool cafes, attend a meditation retreat, catch live jam sessions and eat incredible Thai food
- to study abroad on a budget – you can easily spend less money in Chiang Mai than during a regular semester at home
- travel options! Explore Thailand and surrounding countries with affordable flights and accommodation
The Education Abroad Network (TEAN) – established in 1995 – are study abroad and intern specialists in the Asia Pacific region with semester and summer programs available in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, China and Japan.
Visit the TEAN Website to learn more or Apply Now with TEAN
To calculate an estimate of the total cost of your program, use the Cost Estimate Template.xlsx
and do the following:
1. Go to the Education Abroad Network website, https://teanabroad.org/
hover over the word Programs on the upper right and select your program.
2. Scroll to the section Fees and Inclusions and click to reveal the cost of tuition and housing.
3. In this same section add the items listed under the heading What’s Not Included to your total.
4. In addition to these fees, add the following costs to arrive at your total cost
- Application fee - $65
- Study Abroad Administrative fee - $460
- WSU Laptop fee (semester students only) - $485
- Passport ($140)
If you would like further assistance in calculating the cost of your program, please email email@example.com