Exploring New Media Application in a Global Communication & Marketing Context: China | Faculty-led Program
The most recent Exploring New Media Application in a Global Communication & Marketing Context: China faculty-led program took place in May 2018. This faculty-led program may be offered again in summer 2023 or summer 2024.
This faculty-led program provides a unique and valuable opportunity for students to experience new media technology and marketing communication in China, one of the fastest growing economy in the world. The trip combines classroom lectures and interactive activities, workshops from Chinese experts and practitioners, tours of companies (including the headquarters of International Corporations and successful PR/Ad agency companies in Beijing and Shanghai, and Hangzhou), and cultural experiences in the three cities. Students will earn 6 credits in MCOM 356 and MCOM 450, and fulfill an individual research paper as well as a group-based Integrated Marketing Communication plan for a U.S.
A valid passport is required for participation in this faculty-led program. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the completion of travel. If you do not have a valid passport, you can apply for a passport
on campus at WSU through the Study Abroad office.
China: Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou
14-16 days in May or June
- MCOM 356 (3 credits)
- MCOM 450 (3 credits)
- Mass Communication majors
- Marketing majors
- Chinese studies majors
- The typical cost range for this program is between $5,500 - $6,500 depending on enrollment min/max.
- The program cost includes: WSU tuition/fees for the 6 credits, roundtrip airfare to China, in-country transportation (buses and high-speed railway), most meals, lodging, admission & event fees for group excursions, China visa fee, international health insurance for the duration of the time in China, and the Study Abroad Administrative fee.
- The $500 confirmation deposit required as part of the program application is applied to the program cost.
STUDY ABROAD CONTACT INFORMATION
- Dr. Jennifer Ma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Muriel Scott (email@example.com)
Kathy Jicinsky, Assistant Director of Study Abroad for Faculty-led Programs